4.15.2014

Artisan Wednesday WOW


Welcome back to another Artisan Wednesday WOW Blog Hop, be sure to stop by all 10 blogs to see what the team has to share with you this week. . .

April has always been a very solemn month for me for so many reasons. This is the time of year when we are reminded, and tend to reflect on our Savior, the grave sacrifice made. . . the sadness of death, yet the hope of resurrection and reunion of life. With recent tragedies that hit close to home for me, I am left both shocked and heartbroken. . . This April is also the 6-year anniversary of the death of my closest friend who passed away shortly after giving birth to her precious baby boy. . . I have made it a yearly tradition since to create a few sympathy cards during the month of April, just to have on hand for such sober occasions. Though words cannot heal such a loss, it can help bring solace and let them know you care, that you are thinking and praying for them, and that you will be there for them during life's difficult times.


Be sure to continue on the hop and head In The Cat Cave to see what Cathy has to share.

http://www.inthecatcave.com/2014/04/aww-apr-3.html

Supplies used: Blessed Easter and Simply Sketched stamp sets; Daffodil Delight and Whisper White Cardstock; Watercolor Paper; Stazon Jet Black ink pad; Crisp Cantaloupe, Daffodil Delight, Pistachio Pudding, and Always Artichoke ink refills; Aqua Painter; Tea Lace Paper Doilies; Naturals Buttons; Linen Thread; Occasions Paper-Piercing Pack; Stampin' Pierce Mat; Paper-Piercing Tool; Framed Tulips Embossing Folder.

9 comments:

  1. Awww, Becky. I am so sorry... :-( I can't imagine loosing a friend like that. But, with that being said, this sympathy card is bright and beautiful and sure to offer a ray of sunshine for someone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get it - my best friend died at 12 years old. Her name was Jane... whom my daughter Jane is named after. Every year on August 1st we donate to the church and I send a note. And on her birthday, whom she shares with a twin, I send a note to him. I hope everything is looking brighter. Try to stay positive and continue to remember. You are too kind. Not to mention yellow was a fabulous color choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card from a beautiful person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Becky I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Lovely card and tradition for honoring your friend. Love & Hugs to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Becky ... your card is beautiful ... I gasped when I saw it.. and you are a beautiful person and friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card to heal the heartache. I am sending you virtual hugs across the net!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card. I lost one of my closest friends in Oct. and she continues to inspire me. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card......so sorry about the loss of your friend....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elegant, beautiful and a perfect tribute to your friend. Such a powerful loss and a lovely way to honor her. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete