4.15.2015

Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop

Hello! Welcome back to another Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog hop! Join us each week as artisans from around the world share our creativity with you!

This week we are featuring our facebook projects. I decided to use the Mother's Love set (which is on sale this week, yay!) to create a sympathy card.


It is a tradition for me every April to create a few sympathy cards to have on hand. I started this tradition 7 years ago after my best friend passed away a day before her 29th birthday while giving birth to her precious son. It was such a tragic loss that the absolute last thing on my mind was creating a sympathy card. It was the first time in years that I had bought a card.


So now, as a tribute to my amazing friend, how beautiful and precious the gift of life is, and to the promise and hope of resurrection and everlasting life, I create cards to have on hand and be prepared for such sober occasions. Somehow, it brings me solace.

 In loving memory
 
Candace Clark Mosser
April 21, 1979 - April 20, 2008

Let's go check out Cindy's creation, shall we?!

http://nutmegcreations.blogspot.ca/2015/04/artisan-apr-3.html

There's still time to sign up an receive the April SITM kit! We are featuring fun projects created using the Hello Darling stamp set! Let us show you how versatile, from beautiful to masculine, and everything in between, this set can be! Sign up today! Check out a few of the sneaks for April's projects. . . The April project kits have been more popular than I anticipated, and I have just three April kits left!
 

9 comments:

  1. Stunning card Becky. Sympathy cards are the hardest to make, but oh so important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is absolutely lovely! So sorry for your loss.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you really miss your friend Becky but what a wonderful way to remember her. Your card is just beautiful. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet way to remmeber your friend. Losing a friend young is never easy… Unfortunately lost a few while I served in the military. Love the card! very pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful way to celebrate Becky's life; I am sure you think of her while you make your gorgeous cards. I like the idea of setting a particular month/time to make sympathy cards, as it is always hard to be forced into making one, especially in a situation such as your friend's was. Life is indeed precious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Un des plus beau témoignage pour les moments les plus difficiles <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely tribute to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful memory for your friend. This especially touched me as it was the same time that I was expecting the arrival of my second child. It makes us think how precious life is. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sad time. It's good that you remember your friend in such a sweet way. Hugs and love to you!

    ReplyDelete